Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ferry 'nough

I went over to visit Alison and Michael in their new house today, which meant another trip on the Renfrew Ferry (the excitement of it all!) There were no wannabe naked bampots this time, but I was approached by a guy who asked in very stilted tones if this was a tourist boat. It turned out he was from Glasgow but thought I must be a visitor (presumably he couldn't imagine why a local would be taking photos of the ferry). When I said I was from Renfrew he exclaimed "But you can't be, you're speaking English!"

Considering he seemed to have brought his visiting family for a day trip on the Renfrew Ferry, he wasn't in much of a position to criticise. A voyage of a minute and a half across 30 yards of water has limited entertainment value. (To be fair I think he might actually have got it confused with the Pride O' the Clyde).

The Renfrew Rose.

The ferry we're supposed to be scared of is that tiny wee boat at the bottom of the slipway. I suppose it comes further up when the river is higher, but the notice looks a bit ridiculous at the moment.


Burnt out pub.

Yoker triptych.

Flowers.

More flowers.

Me and the kitchen in a kettle.

Slightly cheating photo of the very lovely yellow dining room (can you see the join?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, can't see the join!

Like the pub picture - very atmospheric.

Did you cheat with the blue sky on "more flowers". :-)

Anonymous said...

I can see the join in the wallpaper, gaps in the floorboards, and missing skirting boards, but I can't see the join in the photo! Kitchen in a Kettle looks great; we should keep it there all the time.

Alcluith said...

Tcha! You're all very unobservant :-) There's nothing wrong with the house - it's the view from the window that's photoshopped in from another photo of the dining room. You can't get the exposure right on the room and the view simultaneously, so I pulled the mirror photo trick on it.

I increased the saturation a wee tiny bit, but the sky was actually very blue yesterday (for a change). The wide angle lens seems particularly good for sky for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Doh! The (my) brain is so easily fooled.