Saturday, February 19, 2005

Tidying

I'm currently trying to tidy up the livingroom. Dad used to comment that my flat in Glasgow was so untidy that the Giant Rat of Sumatra might be living in it and I hadn't noticed; currently this room looks like the said Rat might have exploded in it (though only if it was composed mainly of printed matter).

Went into town today, where I bought Too Many CDs in Heffer's Sound: a very dangerous establishment to enter. Having bought a CD with Parry's "At the round earth's imagined corners" as instructed by CANTUS's conductor, I also bought a CD of Marenzio madrigals (like what we're trying to sing) and narrowly escaped falling prey to some music by Hildegard of Bingen that they were playing in the shop...

Cambridge is currently as strange as ever. Didn't spot the man who cycles round town with a radio playing in a tesco bag hanging from his handlebars, or the man who digs up bits of Jesus Green on the advice of a metal detector, but there were a couple of girls playing tennis on the path on Jesus Green in the dark.

Also, you might expect to get here and have lots of invitations to garden parties and things (well maybe not in February), but instead I keep getting invitations to memorial services of people I don't know. Twice in the last week there's been a nice cream envelope in my pigeonhole at work, inviting me to the memorial services of a chemist from Corpus and an archaeologist from Downing. Bizarre...

Anyway, will post some more pictures soon, possibly even some of the spiders in the garden (just for Adrian, who loves spiders :-)

No comments: