Saturday, February 26, 2005

BBC NEWS | England | Cambridgeshire | Park and bride matchmaking trips

BBC NEWS | England | Cambridgeshire | Park and bride matchmaking trips
Apparently people should try out speed dating on one of Cambridge's Park and Ride buses. This is one of the few things I could imagine would make the Park and Ride experience worse than it is already. Allegedly '"The event will also promote Park and Ride as the place to meet people as well as get into the city centre hassle-free," said Alex Gee.'

Generally I find the Park and Ride buses an exceptionally trying experience, frequently characterised by the buses hurtling past when you try and stop them, with the driver waving smugly at you (although there are some very nice drivers). And the only person I remember meeting on one was a very strange man with a bag full of fake guns who sat across from me, saying he would just stare at me for the rest of the journey. Fortunately he changed his mind after I gave him a reproving glance and got off at the next stop...

No comments: