Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shetland Stramash and the Johnny 7

On Friday I was at the Aye Write/Vital Synz Shetland Night, which was excellent. Unfortunately (from my point of view at least) I wasn't able to take photos in the Mitchell, but here's a YouTube recording of some of the music that featured in the evening:


(It turned out, when talking to folk afterwards, that almost everyone had been tempted to stage an on-the-spot ceilidh while listening...next time, perhaps..:-)

After that I headed off to the ABC to catch the second half of the Johnny 7 Red Nose Day Big Charity Gala. Graham and Barbara were there as well and attempted to fill in the gaps in my knowledge of the various guest performers. I was a really, really square teenager/undergrad/postgrad, so it was a bit of an uphill struggle for them and the phrase "just nod and smile" was used a lot...

Anyway, it was a very entertaining show, and I managed to take lots of photos even though, unlike the official photographer (and all of the band), I was not wearing a moustache...

All 4 of the 7.

This man was from Teenage Fanclub, apparently. He sang very nicely.


One of the 7 .

Surprise saxophonist. He might have been from Belle and Sebastian.


This was Horse - she also sang very nicely.



Stevie Jackson with the band - he's definitely from Belle and Sebastian.


Bongos and moustaches.

No comments: