Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Gadverts

I don't know what the wee adverts that gmail pops up at the top of the page are really called. There's probably a name for them though. For example: apparently email that you did ask for, but you don't necessarily want to read now (or ever) is called "bacon".

Anyway, a fascinating one just appeared at the top of my mail:

MENTAL GUITAR SECRET

In my ongoing battle with the guitar I couldn't resist seeing what this was and, indeed, it does sound fairly mental. Particularly the part that promises:
"Guitarists! Watch Your Fingers Play
Confidently Around The Fretboard While
You Decide What To Create Next!"

Which seems thoroughly disturbing on several levels.

It turns out to be one of those books that allow you to memorize all the notes on the fretboard. I have never really worked out how this is all that helpful. A wee bit helpful, maybe, but I know where all the notes are. I just can't necessarily get my fingers onto them in the right combinations at the right time. I also know where all the notes are on the violin and the piano, with the same problem...

Continuing the guitar theme, but including photos, I came across this cartoon on slithy-toves' flickr page (she has lovely photos as well as the cartoon):


More What the Duck strips can be found here.

No comments: