Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Misc. Art, Poetry, and Music

I saw the art equivalent of a "Warning: contains nuts" label on a packet of peanuts the other day. The National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh is advertising an exhibition called The Naked Portrait which points out at the bottom of the blurb "Please note this show contains nudity." D'you think?

Meanwhile, Wordsworth's Daffodils has been turned into a rap to attract more teenagers to the Lake District. And someone has written a poem (or possibly another rap actually) accusing someone of a murder committed in Bath. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have led to any progress in the investigation so far, but
I liked the line "You can wipe your bloody hands in the grass, till they bleed..."

Finally, I found a set of online fingerstyle guitar lessons. Perhaps if I follow these and actually practise a bit it will improve my fairly awful playing, and ward off more nightmares where Art Garfunkel decides that the only way to help me is to tie my hand to the neck of the guitar...

No comments: