Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sewing stuff

While looking for online patterns, I came across tackyliving.com which has some very cool patterns, but also some truly horrifying ones, such as the brain hat:



I was thinking of sewing something for Stuart and Pamela's new baby, Lachlan, but perhaps I won't try that particular pattern.

I also spotted a method for making a dressmaker's dummy of yourself using an old t-shirt and masking tape. Having something like that would certainly be easier than pinning stuff to yourself to see if it fits. Particularly as I often end up literally pinning things to myself rather than my underwear as I had intended...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That picture scared me! I didn't realize it was a hat at first. People sure are strange.

I saw another of your doppelgangers last night! You sure do get around!

Tanya Brown said...

The child in the brain hat is my son. I'm very fond of him. I'm sorry to hear that you think he's strange.

Alcluith said...

Dear Tanya, Re: the brain hat - I'm sure your son is a lovely child. He'll probably look much less peculiar as his hair grows in to cover up the green bits.

Claire.

P.S. Nice website :-)